Heatilator GNBC gas fireplace help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes thermocouple and pilot supply. Just wondered why I am having trouble getting to the gas valve back (no room)

image.jpg image.jpg

I can see the pilot tube coupling at the left side. Looks like it’s in position…
The thermocouple is inserted at a slight angle & is a real pain in the butt to get aligned correctly. If you can’t get your hand in there, you’re gonna hafta remove the valve, or at least unfasten it from the firebox, so you angle it to see the correct angle…

I guess my problem is I can figure out how to remove the valve from the frame, does anyone know how it is fastened? Thanks so much
It is attached to a bracket that is mounted on the top of the lower cavity. The screws are on either side IIRC, and they can be hard to unscrew. An impact driver is your best bet.

Reactions: DAKSY