Heatilator pellet furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan
I ran into the first Heatilator pellet furnace that I have seen yesterday on a service call. (the poor guy had his pellet furnace quit Thanksgiving day and his gas furnace died yesterday)

I'm wondering if anyone here has one of these things and if so what your experience has been with it. The customer told me it heats well but breakdown frequency leaves a lot to be desired. He's had a couple control boards fail and the draft motor seems to have a very limited life span. (1 per season so far). Lots of maintenance involved.

If you have some experience or operating tips I can pass along to this guy that would be great.
I'd also like to point him to a good place online for parts if anyone knows of such a vendor.

Thanks

I did not even know they made a Furnace........

I didn't either but it said heatilator right on the data tag.........let's just say I was not impressed by what I saw and certainly not by what the owner told me.

Heatilator%20Eco-Choice%20PF-100.jpg

Heatilator EcoChoice BA100, BH60 and BH105
A is for Hot Air (Furnace)
H is for Hot Water (boiler)
Same as Harman, same parent company Hearth and Home Technologies an HNI Corporation Company

Status
Not open for further replies.