Hellooo "A" Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woodjack said:
BrotherBart said:
Went ahead and loaded at nine-thirty packed with the stuff. Got on the web while it was coming up to speed and from the bark it is some flavor of Locust. I love this stuff. It is natural gas with bark on it. When you have a tightly packed full load N/S and the front two tubes light off at 350, you know something special is about to happen in your wood stove. It is cruising at 650 and lovin life. I could heat this barn on a cord and a half or two cords a year of this stuff!

So, your prancing around the living room in your tighty whities and big beer gut. What a vision that brings to the imagination.

Tighty whities yep. Worked on that big beer gut my whole life but can't seem to get over 170 pounds. :lol: I have failed!

May have to switch to Natty Heavies to do that BB. I had some porters over the holidays you could chew on.

The 170 is plenty. I was in shock when I couldn't wear the 34 pants I wore for years. That was after the shock ten years ago when the 32's wouldn't fit anymore. >:-(

Weight didn't go up but something down there started loosening up. Now I just wear old man retirement coveralls. The hell with it.

BrotherBart said:
Weight didn't go up but something down there started loosening up.

Now it's the waste line. Then, it's the bowels.
That's when you switch to dark underwear.

Weren't we talking about wood.

Well, I woke up because the stove wasn't putting the heat out it needed to. The box fan was on medium and the stove was at 280 under its onslought. Full of a huge load of coals. I threw a huge silver maple burl in it and some cherry so it would bump up heat and burn down the coals for a normal reload later. It's an odd feeling when you are choking down the primary and nothing seems to be happening because the draft at 5 degrees and a huge bed of coals makes anything you do irrelevant. It wants to burn! Aw well, bye bye coals. Hello heat.

Matt

I wasn't sure where this thread would take me butt...
It went from talking primo wood to "mystery" wood to possible thermonuclear event to BB's tighty whities to body parts "loosening up"...... :lol: :lol: :coolsmirk:
All the fun stuff happens when I am in bed...dammit... :-S

GAMMA RAY said:

Let's hope so.

7:00 AM Jan 4th, and 2'F in Ashby Mass. light to no wind.

I loaded the family room VC Resolute up last night with 1 year old quality oak and she was cruising at 650F stove top.

Woke up this morning at 6:00AM to the house at 65 and the stove top at 500F with a decent bed of coals in the stove. Carefully loaded to provide space/airflow around the new splits opened up the primary and it caught nice.. back up to 700F stove top.

Mama's still got the old Garisson One monster in the living room covered with Christmas decorations so I don't get to light that one till next week. I've been having fun reading the reviews of the various stoves over the past weeks... and am going to start looking at a few to replace the Garrison. But in the mean time I'll do my telecommuting best to keep this stove in the family room working overtime to try to keep it toasty here.

Not too bad. The mystery wood in at 9:30, topped out at 700. Went to bed it was 18 degrees and 74 down stairs 70 up. Got up a bit early at 7:30 and it was 14 outside, 70 down and 68 up with a 350 degree stove with a couple of hours or more of large coals left but tossed one split on top to get the stove back up to five hundred and cook off coals.

I want a lot more or whatever that stuff is.

GAMMA RAY said:
I wasn't sure where this thread would take me butt...
It went from talking primo wood to "mystery" wood to possible thermonuclear event to BB's tighty whities to body parts "loosening up"...... :lol: :lol: :coolsmirk:

I get the feeling fun finds you.

Status
Not open for further replies.