Help a pellet guy out with millivolt tstat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The millivolt system is powered by a thermocouple pile sitting in a gas standing pilot. I doubt that's what you have. It's an obsolete system for gas appliances.

http://www.enviro.com/images/manuals-brochures/brochures/pellet/enviro_pellet_brochure.pdf

This unit says it has a trimode thermostat and a fan. If I saw the factory wiring diagram, I could say for sure, but it probably has the internal 24v control power transformer, so may be directly compatible with the three wire thermostat, R, C, W. It's a question you would have to ask the factory, for their internal wiring diagram.

And no, the relay posted would not trip from a millivolt source. It could be used as an isolating relay to the millivolt system powered by an external 24v transformer.

Reactions: hobbyheater
Status
Not open for further replies.