Help a Swede out with my VC Intrepid II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joa_bj

Sep 23, 2009
Sweden
Hi,

Finding information about the Intrepid II (I think I have the II anyway) in Sweden is not that easy. Not many people seems to own one here
I was told this forum was a good one so any help will me much appreciated.

My problem is that I get smoke puffs.
It happens some time after I have closed the back flap (or whatever it is called) when the temprature is high enough to switch over to catalytic burning.
In the beginning it works fine, but after some time it starts puffing. I always keep the lower air intake fully open.

Maybe I'm doing something terribly wrong, but I work up the stove to the recommended teperature before I close the back flap.

Oh, one more thing, the catalytic part can be cleaned somehow, I do not even know where to look as I do not have a drawing of the stove. Do you have a good drawing (cross section) or pictures?

//Joa the Swede

Status
Not open for further replies.