HELP... Dovre model 300e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dovreguy

Dec 19, 2008
long island new york
I just got an old Dovre stove from a freind. The stove is together (and in pretty nice shape) but the baffles and plates/grates are not in place. I am not sure I'm using the correct terminology but I'll do my best. I arranged the two rear and side baffles and put a u shaped piece up top (with the opening toward the front of the stove. I have no ideas about the lower grating system. I've tried various configurations but I'm not happy with any of them. Any help or suggestions?? I did see a photo of the front of one of these stoves on your Forum from Dec. 3 '08. It showed a front grate in place but I can't figure out what goes behind those "fingers"??

Attachments

• dovre_2.JPG
    dovre_2.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 660
Would the friend that you got the stove from know? You might want to send a private message to Sullystull, as he was the guy who found one of these stoves-perhaps he can help you out. The other thing that may or may not be of help is to call Quadrifire 1-800-889-8842 as they bought Dovre out years ago. There also is a company in the U.K. that sells Dovre-put Dovre stoves into Google and you'll find them; you can send them an email and maybe they can help. I wish that I had an answer for you, but I hope that this helps!

yep...we have that stove at my work. In fact, I think the pic you posted is the one I took of our stove. If we can help out at all, please let me know.

Glad to hear that things worked out! Hope that you guys enjoy the stoves. Dovre was a very good stove company that unfortunately didn't make it big, but Quadrifire realized their worth when they bought them out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.