Help! I cannot figure out who manufactured my fireplace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cope242

Feb 5, 2018
Missouri
I would like to purchase a blower fan for my fireplace, but I can't find a manufacturer label anywhere. I've seen the blowers that fit in the bottom, center, in the rear of the fireplace, but my air flow ducts are on the side rear corners. My house was built in 1986. Please see the photos in the link below...

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look!

-Mike

Attachments

• OPEN.jpg
    OPEN.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 143
  • CLOSED.jpg
    CLOSED.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:
Picture didn't show. Try copying it to your desktop and then put it directly into the posting.

The mfg information is typically in the door frame on a metal tag. For sure get the duct tape off the lower vents. That can cause the protective casing to overheat increasing the risk of fire in the surrounding framing.

The mfg information is typically in the door frame on a metal tag. For sure get the duct tape off the lower vents. That can cause the protective casing to overheat increasing the risk of fire in the surrounding framing.
Roger that, the tape was a temporary experiment. I was experimenting with PC cooling fans for intake circulation. LOL I've never seen a metal tag, but I'll double check tonight. Thank you for the feedback.

The tag is often small and narrow. Sometimes it's placed in the door frame channel.

The tag is often small and narrow. Sometimes it's placed in the door frame channel.

Wow, it's like the manufacturer doesn't want to be bothered with repeat business. Thanks again for the info. I'll be checking all the places you mentioned, when I get home from work. I'll let you know what I find tomorrow.

Looks a lot like the old Marco or Lennox fireplace. On the inside upper right will have the listing label if it is a Marco...

begreen: I looked all over the door frame and I cleaned the channel, but I didn't see a manufacture tag or anything else. :(

stovelark: I used my cell phone camera to look at the upper right and left, no such luck. I did a Google image search for both manufacturers models and didn't find an exact match. :(

I'm open to other suggestions. Thanks for your feedback!