Help------I know this is a dumb question but------------

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelby6718

Nov 14, 2008
Okla
We are new Wood Stove owners, recently purchased a Vermont Castings Encore. Now, when we purchased it, the griddle gasket was loose laying in the groove on the top of the stove that the griddle closes into. Now, does the gasket get attached to the stove itself or the griddle? The gasket appears to be made of metal but yet the instruction book indicates it should be fiberglass rope? I expect it should be cemented in place. If so, what brand cement should be used? The store we purchased it from told us it was a discontinued model--------they did not mention Vermont Castings has gone out of business so there is no contacting them or even registering warranty information. Any info on this and where to go for parts and service will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Shelby

Thank you for the fast response. I had found something similar, it was installation instructions for Gasket Kit #3441 for all Vermont Castings Top-Loading Stoves. It appeared the gasket would go on the griddle lid itself but I had also found some on-line pictures of one and it was installed in the stove top channel rather than on the lid channel. I just want to be sure it does go on the lid itself. Also, what brand cement would be the best to use?

Shelby

Rutland is the brand most commonly used. In fact it is the only brand that I know of

Status
Not open for further replies.