1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. rich f

rich f New Member

Hello all, new member here. I bought this stove for $25 and want to get some info on it. All I know is its a Hearth Craft. Anyone have any other info? Id like to see if it had fire brick at one time and where I can find some parts for it. Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Since you didn't post a picture I can just guess. The only Hearth Craft Stoves I have seen are the old Franklin Fireplace style stoves made in Spain that were sold back in the seventies. Those are cast iron and did not have firebrick.
  3. rich f

rich f New Member

Yeah i tried to upload one when I posted but it didn't go thru I guess. I'll try again.
  4. rich f

rich f New Member

Maybe this time lol. Sorry.

Attached Files:

5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Yep an old "Franklin". That was my first wood stove and I would never allow one in a house I am sleeping in again. Almost impossible to control and not safety tested or listed.

To answer your question, no firebricks.
  6. rich f

rich f New Member

Alright, thanks for the insight. Perhaps I'll keep looking. I was going to use it in my garage but my dog stays in there overnight and I work overnight so maybe this won't be so good for that. Thanks!