1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help identify Old Blaze King

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by 40below, Jul 10, 2013.

1. 40below

40below New Member

Loc:
    Fairbanks AK
    I have inherited an old Blaze King Wood stove. Can anyone help identify this. The back side has some controls on it. Thats it. No plates or markings. Blaze King.JPG Blaze King Back.JPG

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
    Doesn't look like it has a cat, so my guess is KT302. KT302J actually, without the blower. It looks to be in really nice condition.

You can download olds manuals here http://www.blazeking.com/EN/old-manual.html

Welcome, by the way.
  3. 40below

40below New Member

Loc:
    Fairbanks AK
    Thanks! I have the blower. I took it off to move it through a narrow area. Does a wood stove have to be EPA certified to use it?
  4. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    Depends on your local regulations.
    A call to the county building department may be in order....If you want to get a permit/etc.
  5. wazzu

wazzu Member

Loc:
    SW Idaho
    In Fairbanks, I would not imagine you need to get a permit. I don not believe Alaska has any regs about having to be EPA to install. Nice stove. Start getting a dry supply of wood now to be ready.