help identify this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuoyTen

Jan 6, 2015
CT shore
here is a piece I removed prior to the renovation of an old house.

curious as to the value to some degree, much more interested in its history. thanks, BT
20150620_143429.jpg

Attachments

• 20150620_143439.jpg
    20150620_143439.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 246
Looks like something made by a local shop. Probably no real value to it

Reactions: webby3650
I agree. There is almost no value to these old stoves like this. If it was cast iron and had some type of brand identification, it could be worth a few hundred bucks. Don't be mistaken by seeing these old steel stoves on Craigslist for $700-900 dollars. There's a big difference in having a stove for sale and actually selling a stove. Offer it up as a shop stove for $100 and see what happens.

Reactions: Ashful
It has sentimental value to me, and I'm sure it's not worth much, nor would I sell it. I saved it from the dumpster.

It has kind of a cool draft mechanism I thought was pretty clever.

Perhaps it was fabricated locally- on the bottom of the stove are welded initials "RSS 16".

Status
Not open for further replies.