Help identifying a stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gpb

Nov 16, 2018
Georgia
Hi folks. Hoping for a little help.

We bought a house and this stove came with it. House was built in 1979 so stove is potentially from that era. Former owners have no info/idea and had no documents related to it.

I've gone over the stove in detail and am unable to find any plaque or info as to the manufacturer. Google has been unhelpful, "Aristocrat" just tons of results -- none applicable.

Maybe someone here has an idea?

Thank you!

IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg
IMG_0017.jpg

Its a buck knockoff. What info are you looking for?

Its a buck knockoff. What info are you looking for?

Wow, thanks.

Mostly I wanted to identify it to have a starting point on any parts or other bits I might need. For now it's in okay shape but the gasket needs replacing (easy enough to just measure), and the glass pieces are completely clouded and a little loose. One of the air intake spinners (don't know official name, sorry) seems a little bent but I've not checked if it's something in the round piece or the bolt it's attached to.

I appreciate the lead on it being a Buck knockoff.

Wow, thanks.

Mostly I wanted to identify it to have a starting point on any parts or other bits I might need. For now it's in okay shape but the gasket needs replacing (easy enough to just measure), and the glass pieces are completely clouded and a little loose. One of the air intake spinners (don't know official name, sorry) seems a little bent but I've not checked if it's something in the round piece or the bolt it's attached to.

I appreciate the lead on it being a Buck knockoff.
Chances are the company is long gone and parts are unavailable

Chances are the company is long gone and parts are unavailable

I'm sure you're correct -- but I still feel better having a clue as to what it is. Even if it doesn't actually result in anything material.

Thank you for you help, I appreciate it.

Reactions: bholler