Help ID'ing outdoor gas fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cthenrys

Feb 5, 2020
Celebration, FL
Hello everyone. My name is Todd Henry and I live in Celebration, FL. We purchased a home here in 2018 that has an outdoor fireplace and chimney by Vermont Castings, but the gas logs are non-operational. When we set up propane service (we have a tank) the tech noted that there must have been an issue with the safety / ignition valve because the former owner had piped the LP line directly to the burner (yikes). He capped the supply line where it came out of the ground and we left it like that for a while.

I am now interested in getting this unit running or to replace it. I actually bought a gas log set from HD but found it was not for outdoor use (no SS burner pan). I have tried to ID the existing fireplace and log set to see if I can get a new safety / ignition valve but cannot locate an MFR info. There is a model number, (20004688) but internet searches have not brought any help.

I am posting some pictures to see if anyone can ID so I can see it getting additional parts is an option. If not, I would appreciate any recommendations for a replacement unit.

Thanks
IMG_5672.jpg
IMG_5673.jpg

Can you remove the valve? If you can take it to
your local hearth shop to see what they can do.
If they can't maybe you can find a replacement here...

thanks. Yes I can disassemble all the parts. I wll bring them all in to a local store.

Thanks !!

Can you remove the valve? If you can take it to
your local hearth shop to see what they can do.
If they can't maybe you can find a replacement here...

Reactions: DAKSY