Help ID'ing this Sierra, and advice on cleaning and using it in the future?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Val in GA

Dec 28, 2023
Georgia
Hi all. Newbie here, and I've got a lot of questions. About the Sierra pictured.

We recently purchased a house with this beauty, and are hoping it's functional for power outage situations at least. I grew up with a wood burning stove at my dad's house, but it was a lot different than this one.

We've scheduled someone to check the chimney, so that's covered.

Is anyone familiar with this model? I've read a bit about Sierra's, but am just beginning that research. I'm also trying to find the best place to get any replacement parts we may need, and any recommendations on how to use it most efficiently. I kind of love the design on the front, but at the same time, wish it had a glass front.

Any tips, tricks, ideas, or suggestions would be great! Thanks y'all!

Screenshot_20231228-221803.png

Here’s a good read on operating older stoves!