Help interpreting CSA B365 reg. "Mounting hardware must not be located closer than 200 mm (8 in.) from the vertical center line of the appliance"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

DJSssssss

Dec 2, 2023
Canada
I understand the intent of the regulation is to keep heat shield fasteners sufficiently far from the centre of the stove...
But it seems to me this clause could have included a diagram. Is the below picture the correct interpretation of the rule? If not, could you kindly explain it, or better, include a diagram for a corner mounted stove? Thank you

1701525742042.png

For posterity... i just spoke with a wett cert guy and he said, oh it's a kitty corner install? that 8" thing shouldn't matter then.
Clearly this should be stated as such in the rules. Meh.