HELP! Lost power!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EJL923 said:
during our 6 day outage at the end of October, we had to burn our insert about 1/4 what we usually do. If we didnt, the lack of blowers had the stove like an inferno.

You should have been able to fire that thing up close to normal. If inferno means it heated that room nice and toasty...count me in. My Olympic can take up to 800-850 just fine. Not that it gets up there normally but it sure can when i need her too get up and go!!

my insert hits 800-850 with the blowers on!, nevermind without them.

But, how are you measuring the temp?
I've gone over a 1000 aiming an IR gun through the glass.

You can get a 12 volt car battery & an inverter & run a small blower for many hours.
Not very expensive & plug in an extension cord right in the inverter. 120 volts AC.

I know thats the theory... and based off the wattage numbers its correct... but in a few of the generator threads here no one (myself included) reported anything over a few hours with a battery and inverter... not to mention the issues with maintaining a battery, keeping it charged, and disposing of it when its dead.

would be a good temporary source though. ESPECIALLY for those that have a car that has an inverter built in, nothing to buy and it will get you some blower time! Still, $89 = harborfreight generator

Status
Not open for further replies.