Help Lux tx500ua thermostat won't work with pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donovansn585

Mar 4, 2011
NEK Vermont
So I learned a 35 dollar lesson today. I bought a lux tx500ua thermostat today thinking it would work with my peller stove, well come to find out I need a tx500u not the ua. Can anyone please tell what model t-stat there using with there pellet stoves. Thanks Sean

What stove u hav? I have used this stat on my quad just fine. Keep in mind the a version works but has no swing setting.

So I learned a 35 dollar lesson today. I bought a lux tx500ua thermostat today thinking it would work with my peller stove, well come to find out I need a tx500u not the ua. Can anyone please tell what model t-stat there using with there pellet stoves. Thanks Sean

What stove?

How do you know it doesn't work?

What stove?

How do you know it doesn't work?
It does work the problem is it only has a second stage swing temp setting and it has a option to set a cycle which turns th pellet stove on at set increments for cycling for a few seconds so I sold this model and my options now are a tx 500e a tx1500e or a tx9100e please tell me which to buy thanks Sean

It does work the problem is it only has a second stage swing temp setting and it has a option to set a cycle which turns th pellet stove on at set increments for cycling for a few seconds so I sold this model and my options now are a tx 500e a tx1500e or a tx9100e please tell me which to buy thanks Sean
They do have the non"a" version at Lowe's of the lux txt1500u. Just ask to open the package at customer service before purchasing it to check the model number on the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.