Help Me choose the correct Insert... PART TWO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
An insulated liner will protect your house from heat transfer in the event of a chimney fire. Masonry conducts heat very well and many house fires have been started because of it. This is why code requires air space between the chimney and the house. Like i said most chimneys dont have that so insulated liners take care of that problem.

The insulation also keeps the exhaust temperatures up inside the flue which means you can run the stove with cooler exhaust temps and still have little to no creosote buildup.

Thank you!
OK, so I just paid for an "insulated" liner.

I am wondering about my question about putting a plug in my fireplace. The people who are doing the install don't recommend it because it is a wood insert, they say it gets to hot to have an outlet.

What is your opinion?

Thank you!
OK, so I just paid for an "insulated" liner.

I am wondering about my question about putting a plug in my fireplace. The people who are doing the install don't recommend it because it is a wood insert, they say it gets to hot to have an outlet.

What is your opinion?
They are right. Lots of people do it anyway but it doesnt meet code.