Help Me Decide! Quadrafire Trekker, Harman Absolute 65, Enviro Cast 55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kevin102466

Aug 7, 2023
Manchester NJ
Hi. Decided to bite the bullet. I have been proposed Quadrafire Trekker, Enviro Cast M55, or Harman Absolute 65. Pros and cons of each? FYI, pricing is all within 500.00 of each other. Thanks!

Do they all qualify for the 30% tax rebate?

Well, I could have gotten an M55 cast iron from a friend that carries Enviro for a very, very decent price, basically, at his cost.
That being said, I finally ended up with an Absolute 63 in porcelain brown.
The extra "agitator" on the M55 seems to me one more thing to fail, over time. Although my sister had an old Enviro pellet stove for many, many years. Unsure if she had that in hers.
My parents had a Harman XXV for many many years. Pretty much rock solid. I esp liked the "self cleaning" of ashes in the Harman design.

The 63 is a fine, beautiful stove that so far, has been great. The touch controls are new to me, but easy to figure out, and I love the info it gives you when burning.
The 72 lb hopper might be a bit of a stretch, maybe more like 60lb. Perhaps a bag & a half. But so far has lasted quite a bit of time between fillings.

The Quad Trekker did not interest me one bit with it's REQUIRED remote bluetooth thermostat. My Harman came with one (a bit aof a surprise), but it's NOT REQUIRED to operate the stove. Anyone who has struggled betting a bluetooth speaker to work, can understand my feelings on this. LoL.

Quad used to make a larger stove, without the bluetooth therm, but discontinued it. I forgot the name of it.

My two cents.Best of luck figuring what works best for you

Reactions: Washed-Up