Help me Identify this Stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mama23

Jan 7, 2015
Leavenworth, WA
Hi All,

I was just gifted this wood stove - barely used. It seems to have NO identifying markers at all. Can someone help me figure out what brand/model it is?

IMG_6110.JPG IMG_6111.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Shop built. Back in the seventies and eighties there were hundreds of local shops building stoves. In 1988 when the EPA regulations came into being they shut down in droves. Been on this site ten years and have never seen one like it.

I am moving the thread to the "Classic stoves" forum and maybe somebody has seen one. But I doubt it.

Reactions: mama23
All I have on info is: "it was purchased and brought over from Copenhagen" mysterious....

was taken out of a condo - where apparently they all had this stove. I think the condo's were built around 1983, but this seems in good shape.

What should I be worried about or check for, in terms of use?

Last edited:
What you probably have there is a classic ABC stove from Denmark. They had an integrated cooking/baking compartment.
ABC became HWAM. Below a modern version of your stove under the HWAM name.

hwam_classic4-plinth_baking_oven-produkt.jpg

awesome Jan! Thanks so much. I'll do some more research - that looks a lot like it - but mine doesn't have a baking compartment - just an open space I figured we could use to warm stuff or put water in for humidity.

Is this forum filled with dutch people? I am & have family both named Jan & Bart

awesome Jan! Thanks so much. I'll do some more research - that looks a lot like it - but mine doesn't have a baking compartment - just an open space I figured we could use to warm stuff or put water in for humidity.

Is this forum filled with dutch people? I am & have family both named Jan & Bart

Well, the top compartment can be used for 2 purposes, warming food items and people kept wood in there to make/keep it dry. I think the original concept was to keep food warm.

Yes I am Dutch, been all over the planet. Lived in The Netherlands, Canada, Singapore and now in the US (for the second time) since 2003. No plans to return to NL besides visiting my mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.