1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help me identify what's in my stacks...worried bout 1st yr.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Bster13, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Applesister

Applesister Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate NY

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Yeah, I gotta get me some of that Beefwood to try...sounds like it would be great. ==c
    You'll also start to get a feel for the heft of a particular specie when it is wet as opposed to dry.
    Would have been better to stack the quick-drying stuff by itself in your windiest spot, and the Oak somewhere else for a couple of years. Sorry, you'll have to tear down your stacks and start over.....or just get more wood. ;)
  3. Bster13

Bster13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    I actually tore down one stack, stacked criss cross, to restack it regular to make room for more wood, but kind of regretting that as the criss-cross stacked really leaves things airy.

Then again, I have two more pickup trucks worth to find a "home" for in my wood lot. damn it's getting tight!
  4. Bster13

Bster13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
  5. Bster13

Bster13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    Ok screw it. With this last score (http://www.hearth.com/talk/posts/1432160/) I'm going to launch operation "double split." I'm going to go through my entire stash a d resolution everything that is even decent sized in hopes to accelerate the drying time. If there is any way to dry wood by this fall I'll find it. I'll also restock to fit the large score I just came upon and while I'll lose the criss cross stacking to condense my stacks, I hope the smaller splits will save the day. Goodbye weekends! :p
  6. Bster13

Bster13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
  7. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Get it split and bring it to our place. We have plenty of room. ;)
  8. Bster13

Bster13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    I've flat out told the wife I designated the side yard (as opposed to the large back yard to save it for the dog) for the wood pile and i'm going to use every inch of it. :p

Before I actually burn anything (purchased a BK Princess Insert this past weekend!) I swear I'll restack everything a time or two as I work out in my mind what is the most optimal use of the space. Hehe.

Backwoods Savage likes this.
  9. Hills Hoard

Hills Hoard Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Melbourne, Australia
    nice!