1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help picking a small stove for the kitchen

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by tfdchief, Dec 8, 2010.

1. VCBurner

VCBurner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Templeton, MA
    Beautiful little stove!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    BeGreen, Sorry, some how I missed your post. I will be sure to post after the install and burning it. I am not in a big hurry and intend to install this spring/summer and so it will be a while, but when its done I will let you know. It have researched the Hampton as thoroughly as I could and it really looks like a solid stove, and so I am very optimistic it will be exactly what we are looking for.
  3. Jimbob

Jimbob New Member

Loc:
    The coldest major city in Canada
  4. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    UPDATE - Well, she decided on the The Hampton (H200). We ordered it a week ago and it is already in at the dealer. Still waiting on the hearth pad. It will be another 2 weeks. Probably going to get it installed just in time for spring, although next week we are supposed to top out at 60! So maybe spring is coming early. Anyway, I will update as we install the stove.
  5. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I can't wait to hear how you all make out.

I still wish you bought the wood oven that I loathe over though. I want to hear first hand experience on that bad boy.

pen
  6. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I know what you mean Pen, I really kind of wanted the bakers oven too, but it was a little pricey for us and my wife said she didn't really want to cook on it unless the power was out and had to. So she thought it would be a waste of extra money. I just thought it would really look neat in our kitchen, but my wife got to pick this one and she loved the little Hampton. I researched it and from what I could find out it is a solid stove. I hope we are happy with it. I wish I could have gotten a picture of her face when the dealer took the wrap off of it on the pallet crate. If that means anything, it's a winner! ;-P
  7. pen

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Glad to hear it!

pen
  8. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    UPDATE. The Hampton is home! I took the crate off of it on the trailer in the garage. I was going to leave it there since I have to install the hearth first. But we both just had to see it in the kitchen. :) Here are some pics from garage to kitchen. I will have to take it back out to install the hearth and chimney. I can't believe how much that little stove weighs!

Attached Files:

9. pen

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    perfect fit! Can't wait to hear what you (the wife) thinks of it's performance.

hmm. but now I have to find my next candidate to try and get to test out that baker oven.

pen
  10. Install fire 1

Install fire 1 Member

Loc:
    Canada.
    I burn one in the show room and it is a fantastic stove. Will serve you very well!

Enjoy.
  11. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
  12. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    I think you were looking at the Harman with the steel grill that fits down inside it.
  13. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand your post?
  14. Bub381

Bub381 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mid-coast Maine
    To be truthful i think i answered the wrong thread somehow. I thought you asked about a stove that could be cooked on and it was the grill insert that Harman has.
  15. tfdchief

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    OK, no problem. We actually considered the Harman. But we love the Hampton now that it is installed.