HELP PLEASE TOP AUGER NOT WORKING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike56

Aug 13, 2010
broad brook,ct
25PDVC was all set to have a nice fire but as my luck would have it, it isn't going to happen. top auger not turning, switched leads from bottom auger to top motor to make sure it is working, motor turns fine no jams, then i by passed and jumpered all vacuum switches top auger still will not turn on COULD IT BE THE CONTROLLER?

Could be. Send Mike Holton a PM, or call him at Englander Monday morning. He'll get your stove figured out.

BTW, is this the first fire of the season? If so, was it unplugged all summer?

no i have used it a few times everything was working fine, thanks for the response, I will send mike a pm if he do doesn't answer I will give him a call on Monday

mike56 said:
25PDVC was all set to have a nice fire but as my luck would have it, it isn't going to happen. top auger not turning, switched leads from bottom auger to top motor to make sure it is working, motor turns fine no jams, then i by passed and jumpered all vacuum switches top auger still will not turn on COULD IT BE THE CONTROLLER?

There are two pressure switches. The one near the exhaust blower is sensing negative pressure. The hose should connect to the gray nipple if there are two to choose from. The leads should connect to the common terminal (outside furthest from the switch and the N/O position terminal closest to the switch. The terminal in the center is not used. To jump this switch, connect the two leads together. This switch needs the combustion motor to be running and the stove to be clean enough to close the switch and keep the the upper auger turning and the control board working. Follow the leads around and make sure they are seated properly.

The second switch behind the firebox is sensing positive pressure for an open circuit. The leads should connect to to furthest terminal from the switch (common) and the center terminal, N/C. The hose should be connected to the black nipple. If there is a blockage, this switch will open and stop the upper auger. Follow the leads back to the control board and make sure they are seated correctly.

There should be an electrical schematic glued to the machine somewhere...follow the leads around and make sure they are in the correct places and are in fair order. I've seen some get melted and what not and you look around testing things for hours before you find it.

Also, toss a Multi metere on the control board terminals for the switches and make sure it is sending line voltage signals.

Also check the hose that goes to the combustion blower for cracks or splits. I've had to replace this hose due to heat cracks at or near the nipple on the blower. If it is cracked at the nipple, it may be possible to cut off the end and slip it back on. If not, I keep a few feet of 1/4 fuel line hose around for replacement.

mike i sent you a PM, but also , check to make sure the port in teh firebox (just outside the burn pot to the right) isnt plugged with ash , take a toothpick and poke in it swirl it arond to clear the port and retry

Mike comes through again, the small port did have some crap in it, just enough to not let the switch do it's job. cleaned it with a toothpick put everything back and fired it up she is running great, the best customer service you can ever get

THANKS MIKE and everyone else for the replies.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....Mike & his tech crew at Englander are the BEST. No other stove company's customer and/or tech support even come close!

imacman said:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again....Mike & his tech crew at Englander are the BEST. No other stove company's customer and/or tech support even come close!

Englander is second to none!

slvrblkk said:
imacman said:

Englander is second to none!

Agreed wholeheartedly!

I just encountered the same exact issue, never even knew the port was there!

Mike, I've said it before You (and your team) ARE THE B*LLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.