Help removing chimney collar trim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Phobos

Jun 8, 2023
Ottawa,ON
Hi All,

Ive been a lurker for years and have learned so much from Hearth.com. I’m looking for specific help on how this pipe collar is removed so I can take it down to paint it. The pipe it was attached to was 6 inch double walled “security” pipe conmon in Canada. Is it perhaps threaded?

Thanks!

IMG_2607.jpeg

Mine is similar,often wondered the same.

If this is a Security finish support, 6SFCA, I think it might be one piece nailed in place.

If this is a Security finish support, 6SFCA, I think it might be one piece nailed in place.
Thanks. Looks like I might have to paint it in place.

The trim goes onto the chimney support and then it’s all pushed up to the ceiling as one unit and secured into place. It’s not removable..