Help Selecting an Insert :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dec 23, 2023
California
Hello all, thanks in advance. Looking for my first biofuel product. Likely to replace wood insert with a pellet insert, unless I get overwhelming encouragement to pay extra to install a freestanding and decomission the fireplace altogether.

Currently evaluating for durability and ease of maintenance primarily. There is a nice subsidy in my area currently so I am not super worried about the price tag, but I do want to buy something that will last a long time, and for it to not be a giant hassle to maintain.

Thoughts between Accentra 52, classic bay 1200, blazer 24, Enviro Meridian/Regencu GFi55 (seller says their virtually the same)? Any other recommendations?

Thanks again for your experience and wisdom!

If it were me I'd buy the Accentra or the Enviro both manufactured in North America
Both have good reputations so whichever one your better half likes

If it were me I'd buy the Accentra or the Enviro both manufactured in North America
Both have good reputations so whichever one your better half likes
Thanks for the input, it's comforting to boil it down to just one major decision points! the wife likes the more modern look of the enviro, but our fireplace is quite big and I'm afraid it will look a bit out of place, whereas the accentra with it's more classic look may fit the space better.