Help! What is the best wood stove for this fire place!??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ashley guli

Oct 17, 2023
Walkertown North Carolina
Measurements height: 29inches front width 36inches back width 24 inches and depth 22 inches
I had a professional come out and I think he said the stove needs to be 10 inches away from the wood mantle or use a metal shield I can’t remember if it’s 10 inches or bigger
Thank you!
E6768228-BBAE-49E9-B86C-8D03D041CB60.jpeg

The dealer is correct. Clearances to the mantel are important. What insert is being recommended?

The dimensions given are confusing. Is it (c) 36" wide by (a) 29" high at the front? Use this as a guide.

Fireplace Dimensions.png

Are you looking for a stove or insert?

I think there are some flush inserts that might work, but we need a response from the OP to better understand their goals, how the stove would be used, and how large an area it would be heating.