Help - Whitfield Shut down after 5 hours of operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshack

Hearth Supporter
Nov 20, 2008
Northern Canada
I've owned a Whitfield Advantage 3 since 1993 and with regular maintenance have enjoyed hassle free heat for that time. last year I had to replace the auger motor with a new one and the front glass is cracked a bit but otherwise - awesome experience with it....until yesterday.

After 5 hours of continuous operation the stove just quit - both fans and the auger! The stove was quite hot still and there was still hot ash in the grate. We checked the breaker and the plug outlet, let the stove cool down and thouroghly cleaned it and the exhasut pipe. It will not restart.

I called the closest pellet stove place (who don't deal in Whitfield) and was told that its a fuse. Do these things have fuses? Can I tell if the High limit switch is defective somehow? Where is the high limit switch? Is there a button on the switch that pops out iif it overheats and I just press it back in.

Any help appreciated

Thanks!

Will check all electrical connections and then "attempt" (not the most electrically inclined person) to check operation of the high limit switch and blower fan, consistent with info on the link you sent.

I'll be sure to unplug before foolin with it,

Your response appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.