Help with Auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trudd

Jun 10, 2008
Rhode Island
My stove: Country Flame Harvester

To make a long story short, I had a clog in my auger so bad that the auger would not turn at all. So I removed the motor and slid the auger out (it was stuck pretty good). The feed tube looked fine, no obstructions etc. so I reinstalled everything

Ran the stove for two hours on level 5 and it was barley dropping any pellets. The auger was turning fine but not forcing any pellets out. I turned the feed rate up full blast just for the hell of it, this is by no means the solution i'm looking for. Just wanted to see if it made a difference. It didn't.

So...removed the motor again and before removing the auger I tried turning it by hand. Guess what??? When I turn the auger by hand from the back where the motor mounts up, pellets come pouring out into the pot and there is no resistance so it can't be clogged.

Here's what I did notice upon inspetion of the auger for a second time.

On the bottom of the auger, that mounts to the motor, the plastic bushing looks pretty worn. I did not notice before but, the round piece of metal right above the bushing with the two screw holes that the motor mounts to, wobbles when I spin it. Is it possible, that when everything is connected the auger is wobbling slightly inside the feed tube and that this is the reason pellets are barley feeding into the pot?

Here's a pic....Any help will be greatly appreciated.

100_4980-1.jpg

talked to the guy at pellletsdirect because they service magnum stoves which own country flame. He has no idea what could be causing the problem but he doesn't think the plastic bushing has anything to do with it....neither do I.

Not sure what I'm going to do now.............

Status
Not open for further replies.