1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Help with Benjamin Boiler Installation

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by chardafoe, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chardafoe

chardafoe New Member

Loc:
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello,

We have installed a Benjamin CC500 Wood/Oil Combination boiler. We are finding to be very hard on wood and oil and are wondering if anyone has any information they could share on the schematics for the hook up of the system.

Thanks,
    Charlotte

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. steam man

steam man Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I think you'll have to evaluate your specific situation. How's the combustion process, i.e average stack temp when burning with wood? Too little air and it will cresoste/soot up and too much will both end up blowing heat out the stack. Are the heat exchangers clean? The unit won't absorb heat and it will go up the stack. How's the heat load? Are you asking it to do too much? Most importantly-is your wood properly seasoned? You will burn a dramatic amount more wood when it is wet. Many btu's are needed to boil out moisture from the wood not to mention it will create creosote/soot. I suspect your unit needs a good cleaning and drier wood. Try and inspect everything and get back to us.

Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.