Help With Comfortbilt Settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jmatteau

Feb 5, 2020
Connecticut
Hi all, long time lurker here. While I am waiting to get in touch with tech support, I was hoping maybe you guys may have some advise.

Been burning wood my whole life, just installed a pellet stove for the first time. Comfortbilt HP22 with OAK and standard through the wall chimney. My flame all levels gets really good, hot, sometimes a blue tinge towards the base, but it dies right down to almost nothing and then flairs back up. It's up and down, up and down. Talked to tech last week, all is good with OAK, had me play with exhaust voltage but I still can't seem to hit a sweet spot.

Anybody have experience with this stove? Should I up the feed rate some in the combustion settings?