Help with GTI Model 6000 GDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stosh

Feb 2, 2020
tampa
Having problem with propane gas fireplace.
- Takes at least 5 minutes after igniting/starting pilot light before I am able to turn control knob counter clockwise.
- Start big flames by using on/off switch (bottom left). Works OK at this point. BTW there is what looks like a wall off/on switch under shelf (don't know what it does). Also have a remote control box and remote control that used to work last year but not working now. I hear click when I depress remote control and see red led turn on when clicked.
- Fireplace stays on for about an hour or so (didnt time or capture multiple tests) and then big flames and pilot flame just quit.
- Turn control off and then restart pilot but can't turn control counter clockwise. Waited around an hour before trying
- Shut control off (clockwise) over night and it works ok the next day until it shuts off again.

An update - started after being shut down for a long time
Operated fine for 4 1/2 hours before it ran out of gas - did not shut down like it did at least twice before

Any ideas what the problem is