Help With My Lopi Bershire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulm

Hearth Supporter
Jul 4, 2006
I'm having some trouble with my Lopi Bershire gas stove and would appreciate any help. The unit is a year old. It worked fine all last winter. We turned off the pilot at the end of the winter and now we are having trouble keeping the pilot on. I turned the screw (very slightly) to give more gas to the pilot, but it didn't help. It appears that if I just light the pilot and don't turn the stove on, the pilot stays lit. (I'm testing this now - I lit the pilot this morning and will keep the stove off for a few days. Right now, it is still lit.) So I think the pilot goes off when the stove goes off. Anyone have an ideas?

I've tried to get the dealer I bought this from to come out to look, but they have been horrible. You would think service is part of their business, but these guys don't seem to want any part of it. If Travis Industries is checking this forum, feel free to respond to this email and I'll let you know how bad one of your dealers is.

Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.