Help with purchase of a Wood Insert to replace pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Feeling the Heat
Nov 2, 2014
Rochester, NY
Thinking of purchasing an insert to replace my pellet insert as I now have access to unlimited wood for the next 10 years or so. I replaced my old wood insert 2 years ago before I realized that the emerald ash borer was in my area. The emerald ash borer has now reached me and I will have wood for a long time. Here is a Craigs list Vermont Casting http://rochester.craigslist.org/hsh/5460208090.html
I don't know much about these so what should I be looking for as a problem with this insert or is this even a good insert to begin with. Looking for something used as I just put $5000 into the pellet stove a few years back. The wife is not happy with that decision and now if I want to go back to wood I need to do it on the cheap. Any opinions are much appreciated.

Looks like a WinterWarm small insert. If so, check the cat condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.