Help with Stove I. D.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Brown

May 8, 2012
Can anyone identify this stove? I am an insurance agent so I look at a pretty fair amount of stoves when I'm insuring homes. Usually I can find some kind of identification on them but this one has nothing that I could see. The only thing that I know is that it was installed about 10 years ago and came from a repo house.

IMAG1075.jpg IMAG1076.jpg IMAG1077.jpg

Hmm, I think you stumped the chumps.......

If it was installed (bought) 10 years ago and does not have a label, that's not really good news! Most stoves sold in the last 25+ years have to be EPA approved AND UL (or equiv) tested and labeled.

I suspect this is a relatively low production stove that made have never been tested or labeled.

If you give the locale that helps a little - as some local and regional companies exist.

With the shroud around it could be a foreign product, Hmm resembles Kent, not sure. 8" pipe, I'm sure someone will come up with an answer.:cool:

that reminds me of those old hill billy stoves we called "trash burners", sold in the 50's before our trash became poisonous LOL. If it is one these old timer stoves from the 50's the make would be very hard since everyone and their mother made them from sears N roebuck to grandpa Gill, but i cant really see details in hinges or construction to really date it (im just telling you what it appears like to me).

from an insurance co. standpoint (im thinking ya'll well be running hard N fast from this old tank) LOL
P.S. Mr. Insurance man... while your here please give a looksie at some threads like this https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/insurance-question.86666/#post-1119178 and contribute what you can as we try to help you.... TY

EDIT: i see its in a basement (the location most "trash burners" would have been installed (im suggesting that stove is a whole lot more then 10 years old)

See if the guy here can shed some light on the situation http://stovehospital.com/ .

It isn't a cook stove because there is no oven.

yea... no firepot/firebrick/grate either, thats why it makes me think its a trash burner (i cant see these as being "OK" by an insurance co. in any stretch of the imagination), many people kept them outside in sheds and garages back in the day.

i found this old image of a typical trash burner note: its outside not inside a home, somehow we got smart along the way and started using old 50 gallon drums and punched a few holes in the lower half for free LOL. These were made by anyone and everyone during the 1950's in 100's or sizes and styles, so tracking down a maker is like a needle in a haystack. if someone is so inclined, a good place to start would be some old sears catalogs.

but in my mind the easiest solution is to simply say these words "Get that freeekin thing the hell out YO HOUSE!)
atp442.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.