1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help with woodstove i.d.

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by woodmeister, Nov 22, 2011.

1. woodmeister

woodmeister New Member

Loc:
    lower ct. river
    I know a picture would be more helpful -but - it's black with two doors that open from the front with the stovepipe on top of the stove (oval shaped ) it has four distinct brass type ornamental balls on the top of the four corners of the stove. Sound familiar?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    The version of a Franklin designed by U.S. Stove back in the seventies and sold by the thousands by Montgomery Ward and Sears during the oil crunch back then.
  3. Larry in OK

Larry in OK Member

Loc:
    NE Oklahoma
    Sounds just like the one We had in the house when I was in High School. It was a decent stove and kept the house warm. Keeping it fed was my first experience with a wood stove.
    If I remember right it like a 16" log and it would really put out the heat. While no match for a modern design it was pretty controllable.
    We would open the doors and kept a chain link fireplace screen in front of the doors. We would also roast marshmallows and hot dogs over the coals.