HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
This is great....ok, I hooked up my stove tonight. Turned it on, pellets start falling, pellets almost lit then all of a sudden it turns off...
I tried turning it on and nothing, no lights blinking, nothing. I unplug it and when I plug it back in, I hear the noise that it usually makes when I plug it in ( like an electrical noise) but still nothing. No lights, nothing. There is electric going to the outlet. I read through my manual and it tells me where the reset button is, I push it doesn't seem to do anything to me but I plug it back in and still nothing....
Is there any test I can do to test my circuit board to see if something is wrong with that....
What else could it be?

Man I am so screwed now if I can't get this to work... I had a feeling something was going to go wrong with me moving it around.

Oh, hang on I might be an idiot...............

It looks like I was the idiot. I flipped the switch to auto instead of manual. Even though my thermostat does not have any batteries in it, it made the stove shut off.

chrisasst said:
This is great....ok, I hooked up my stove tonight. Turned it on, pellets start falling, pellets almost lit then all of a sudden it turns off...
I tried turning it on and nothing, no lights blinking, nothing. I unplug it and when I plug it back in, I hear the noise that it usually makes when I plug it in ( like an electrical noise) but still nothing. No lights, nothing. There is electric going to the outlet. I read through my manual and it tells me where the reset button is, I push it doesn't seem to do anything to me but I plug it back in and still nothing....
Is there any test I can do to test my circuit board to see if something is wrong with that....
What else could it be?

Man I am so screwed now if I can't get this to work... I had a feeling something was going to go wrong with me moving it around.

Oh, hang on I might be an idiot...............

I don't believe that for one minute!

Don't ya hate when that happens? ;-)
Glad you got it figured out.

chrisasst said:
It looks like I was the idiot. I flipped the switch to auto instead of manual. Even though my thermostat does not have any batteries in it, it made the stove shut off.

Don't feel bad. I was tinkering with mine(because the wife gave me that "cold look"!) and I couldn't get it to go. Switched the board to manual and it started? Hmmm. Duh!-I forgot to turn my stat to heat was all! Stove is purring now and I feel warmth coming up the vents. :)

Yup, I guess I forgot how to use my stove. Hopefully I don't forget how to put pellets in it...

chrisasst said:
Yup, I guess I forgot how to use my stove. Hopefully I don't forget how to put pellets in it...
Glad you got it going Chris. Don't forget to keep us up-to-date on the new exhaust set-up and also how the Cubex pellets are doing for you.

Keep warm!

Status
Not open for further replies.