Hestia pellet stove low vac prob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ness

Nov 12, 2015
?
Hello
We just bought a Hestia pellet stove and are having problems with it shutting down because of vac fault. It usually says low vac and then goes to vac fault. And then shuts down. Wondering if anyone else has a hestia and if so this problem.
Also the glass on our door cracked. We are getting replacement glass just don't have it installed yet. The vac problem didn't start till a week or two after the crack and we put copper silicone stuff over the crack.
Thanks

Yes I one. Use it to heat the shop-garage. Would start by checking the door gaskets and knowing the age just buy the gasketing and replace. That big door has a drawback.
Talked to the owner of the company yesterday about getting a new igniter. Check vac hose and port for blockage.

Yes I one. Use it to heat the shop-garage. Would start by checking the door gaskets and knowing the age just buy the gasketing and replace. That big door has a drawback.
Talked to the owner of the company yesterday about getting a new igniter. Check vac hose and port for blockage.[/QUOTE

Ok thanks
New problem though
Our glass broke as I mentioned above. They sent us a new glass just had to pay shipping. My husband replaced it today and the new glass just cracked during shutdown. It ran for 4 hrs with the new glass . Any suggestions? Has your glass ever cracked?
We are getting quite feed up with this stove and wonder if it's us or the company? Frustrating

No issues and I bought it used. Just tore the whole stove down and replaced all gaskets and cleaned everything to like new. Swapped the stirrer for the auger motor as the auger motor seemed weak. 6 plus years old.
Glass replacement has to be loose so that expansion does not stress any point. Kinda a fine line between tight enough to hold the vacuum and loose enough so the hot glass can move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.