Hey Blaze King Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich L

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
Eastern,Ma.
g-mail.com
Ya, because of you guys I went ahead and picked up The Blaze king Classic.I just got back from a 4 hr.trip 8hr round trip to the only dealer in Maine who gave me a deal on a floor model demo for $2300.00.It has the gold plated door,fans,with tax included.I sat in his house while his Classic churned right along and his wife served delicious coffee and muffins.Really gracious couple.It was so toasty in there I almost fell asleep.I'll be contacting Woodstock and set up a time when they can come and take back the Fireview.A good and beautiful stove just too small for my application though performed better than my previous P.E.Summit.So Blaze Kingers I'll be setting up this coming week after I get that 8" piping and we'll she how this big man works out.Oh Yeah,the stove is beautiful to behold.I don't know how those who say it's ugly got to that conclusion.Maybe it's that beauty in the eye of the beholder thing or some other such madness, stay posted.

Hard to argue with the trade of a Fireview if you need a 80# firebox capacity and 90K btu output. That should keep you warm!

jpl1nh said:
Hard to argue with the trade of a Fireview if you need a 80# firebox capacity and 90K btu output. That should keep you warm!
You might realize by now that I'm on a serious quest.Another thing is that Woodstock Company is about as saintly as they come.To give people 6 months to decide if their stove works for you or not is a magnificent thing to do.If politicians had this mind set the world would be a much better place.

Nice!!! Iv'e been looking really hard at the princess insert. I have a really nice hearth and fireplace that covers the entire wall. My local stove shop quoted me at 2800, though :(

D/F said:
Nice!!! Iv'e been looking really hard at the princess insert. I have a really nice hearth and fireplace that covers the entire wall. My local stove shop quoted me at 2800, though :(
Hi D/F, there are only two dealers in my state.One wanted $3400.00 plus tax and the other wanted $2800.00 plus tax.I remember someone saying that somewhere in Kansas The Blaze King was going for $2100.00.I said ya right until I thought that in diferrent parts of the country the cost of living is lower than in other parts so the cost of products could be lower.I'm in Mass.Boston area where the cost of living is among some of the highest in the country so it was not likely I'd get a price break.In the New England area there are no Blaze King dealers in Rhode Island,New Hampshire or Vermont.Maine has one dealer who I called because the cost of living in Maine is way below Mass.I hit the jackpot the owner and I talked and he offered me a floor model demo Blaze King Classic for $2300.00 tax included.I said I'll be up Saturday to get it.So I said all that to say check out areas that have Blaze King dealers where the cost of living is lower than your area.You may find a deal you can live with even if you have to travel some for it.My round trip time was 8hrs.however I saved from $800.00-$1400.00. minus $55.00 in fuel.

Man, how many stoves have you gone through in the last year? My wife would have a fit! I have been thinking of the Blaze King Princess model to upgrade the Fireview, was quoted $2300 for the Parlor model, but then I heard about Woodstocks soon to be upgrade for the Fireview, so I'm putting it off for now. Also not sure if I want to lose out on the soapstone and go back to steel? Keep us posted on that big beast, it will be interesting to see how a full load of hardwood burns in that monster.

Todd said:
Man, how many stoves have you gone through in the last year? My wife would have a fit! I have been thinking of the Blaze King Princess model to upgrade the Fireview, was quoted $2300 for the Parlor model, but then I heard about Woodstocks soon to be upgrade for the Fireview, so I'm putting it off for now. Also not sure if I want to lose out on the soapstone and go back to steel? Keep us posted on that big beast, it will be interesting to see how a full load of hardwood burns in that monster.
Hey Todd,you are right I've got something to say regarding Woodstock Fireview and Classic,Hearthstone II,and Mansfield,P.E.Summit,and soon the Blaze King Classic.I tell my wife I'm on a quest to keep her as warm as possible.She'll believe it once I get it right.Maybe this is the one.Right now there are four stoves in the house.If the Blaze king gets the job done better than the Fireview the Fireview is going back next week.The mansfield stays in the cellar and the Woodstock classic is going to a friends farm after the season.The Summits been sold.An update is forth coming.

[/quote]I tell my wife I'm on a quest to keep her as warm as possible.She'll believe it once I get it right.[/quote]

Hey, can I use that one? It just might work.

Lanning said:
Do you remember what price they were selling for the BK princess insert? I am working on a deal for $1,800 Jim

If that's for a new one you better grab it, that's a heck of a deal. The dealer closest to me is Spooner, WI and they want $2300 for the princess parlor. Where are you at in MN?

Todd said:
Lanning said:
Do you remember what price they were selling for the BK princess insert? I am working on a deal for $1,800 Jim

If that's for a new one you better grab it, that's a heck of a deal. The dealer closest to me is Spooner, WI and they want $2300 for the princess parlor. Where are you at in MN?

Yup, its the shop in Spooner WI. Its a year old and they have been sitting on it for a while. This is the Princess insert, not the free standing unit. I closed the deal this morning and am driving out later this week from Minneapolis.
Maybe now I wont have to get up twice a night to feed the CFM insert that I bought at mennards 3 years ago.
Jim

Congrats, My wife and I like the looks of our classic as well. We have friends with nicer looking stoves that have told us they think there stove has lowered there fuel bill. My Blaze king all but eliminated my fuel bill, heating 2500 sq ft in North pole alaska.

I thought I had posted a question here but can't find it so...

The BKs are convection stoves with really big blowers and a thermostat. Long burn times etc. Perfect for use as a furnace. So tell me, is the BK good at heating an entire home from a remote area like say the corner of the house. I know it would be ideal to have the stove centrally located but I already have my hearthstone in the middle which is a purely radiant stove and needs to be in the middle. I wonder how well the convection stoves do at distributing heated air.

For reference I have a 1700 SF rambler, 25x70 or so so the long dimension of 70 feet is a long ways for heat to travel.

Rich,
Very much looking forward to your comments on your 'new' BKK! Congrats on the new stove... You might as well go ahead and make that call to WS now!

I tell my wife I'm on a quest to keep her as warm as possible.She'll believe it once I get it right.[/quote]

Hey, can I use that one? It just might work.[/quote]
Ya Todd use it because it's working for me so far.Then again she's now seeing results with the Blaze King Blazing so your gonna need proof before too long.

wolfkiller said:
Congrats, My wife and I like the looks of our classic as well. We have friends with nicer looking stoves that have told us they think there stove has lowered there fuel bill. My Blaze king all but eliminated my fuel bill, heating 2500 sq ft in North pole alaska.
Thanks for the congrats Wolfkiller and thanks again for exposing the Blaze King.Of course this stove will greatly reduce or eliminate fuel bills.The longest burn I've gotten was 12 hrs. and that about covers getting up in the morning a little before 6am filling the stove shutting down and coming home about 6pm with the stove producing usable heat.I'm getting these times and I don't even know what I'm doing with this stove yet.

Rich I've been following you here and over there...good score on that purchase. I thought that was nearly a 5k stove? anyway please give us (me esp) a report when you have a cold snap and burn it for max heat. Like can you get 6hr max heat burn? Thanks brother and enjoy this gem...I guess you'll be posting some pics too maybe?

Rich L said:
wolfkiller said:
Thanks for the congrats Wolfkiller and thanks again for exposing the Blaze King.Of course this stove will greatly reduce or eliminate fuel bills.The longest burn I've gotten was 12 hrs. and that about covers getting up in the morning a little before 6am filling the stove shutting down and coming home about 6pm with the stove producing usable heat.I'm getting these times and I don't even know what I'm doing with this stove yet.
Rich,
How much wood are you putting in it to get the 12 hour burn? Wood type? What's the thermostatic control set at for this burn time?

savageactor7 said:
Rich I've been following you here and over there...good score on that purchase. I thought that was nearly a 5k stove? anyway please give us (me esp) a report when you have a cold snap and burn it for max heat. Like can you get 6hr max heat burn? Thanks brother and enjoy this gem...I guess you'll be posting some pics too maybe?
Naw Savage,this stove is usually in the 3k plus range in my area.By max.heat burn do you mean burn it wide open? However so far Ive gotten 12 hours of uasable heat though the temps haven't been that cold as late.We'll get down to single digits the next couple of days.I'll see how it does with those temps and my drafty house.

Wet1 said:
Rich,
Very much looking forward to your comments on your 'new' BKK! Congrats on the new stove... You might as well go ahead and make that call to WS now!
Yo Wet1,Woodstock is coming tomorrow to pick up the Fireview.

Rich L said:
savageactor7 said:
Naw Savage,this stove is usually in the 3k plus range in my area.By max.heat burn do you mean burn it wide open? However so far Ive gotten 12 hours of uasable heat though the temps haven't been that cold as late.We'll get down to single digits the next couple of days.I'll see how it does with those temps and my drafty house.

Say because of an ice storm you find yourself at home for a week and it's been zero degrees outside. Will that heat and sustain your house up to 70*? Now you're there ...wanting heat not those long burns...thanks

Wet1 said:
Rich L said:
wolfkiller said:
Rich,
How much wood are you putting in it to get the 12 hour burn? Wood type? What's the thermostatic control set at for this burn time?
Hey Wet1.I'm just about filling it.Filling this thing is no joke it takes a lot of wood.I'm using seasoned Oak and Maple.I think that I'm leaving the thermostat open to wide.I'm going to shut it down more to see where it goes.

savageactor7 said:
Rich L said:
savageactor7 said:

Say because of an ice storm you find yourself at home for a week and it's been zero degrees outside. Will that heat and sustain your house up to 70*? Now you're there ...wanting heat not those long burns...thanks
Me,I want the heat with the long burns.Presently with temps at night in the teens and twenties I'm getting good heat and long burns.We'll see what happens when the temps dip into the single digits or below.If your house is insulated.I can see why those in Alaska are heating with it.My house is drafty and my next step is the outside air kit which I have on order.From pass experience that kit definitely reduces the drafts moving towards the stove to feed it oxygen and thus allows the stove to heat better.

^thanks for the heads up Rich.

I read the thread and can't tell, are you folks describing the princess with a 6" flue or the king with the 8" flue?

Status
Not open for further replies.