Hey fellas is this Ash?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sodbuster

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2012
Michigan
Hey guys, is this Ash?

Tree2.jpg Tree1.jpg Tree3.jpg Tree1.jpg Tree2.jpg Tree3.jpg

Reactions: thewoodlands
Yes, an apparent victim of EAB.

Thanks gents, there are no survivors of the EAB here in Michigan; I have an Ash that i transplanted to my lawn that I treat twice yearly with an Imacloprid drench to see if I can keep it alive. Time will tell.

Ash. I have wacked 6 of them on my property here in NC. Now they are all gone. Kaput. Tot. Gestorben.
I remember playing Little League, all the bats said MADE WITH NORTHERN WHITE ASH.

I guess, I had Southern white ash.

Thanks gents, there are no survivors of the EAB here in Michigan; I have an Ash that i transplanted to my lawn that I treat twice yearly with an Imacloprid drench to see if I can keep it alive. Time will tell.
Actually I have fence rows full of young ash in Mid Michigan. Very surprised to see it , we will see if any survive .

I love dead tree ID, though it's easier when standing next to it. It is one of my family's hiking games. To me that's white ash, just guessing.