Not open for further replies.
  1. EWILT

EWILT
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2007
    Loc:
    Wyoming
    I have a 25 PDV purchased last year (Oct). Mike and the fellows at Englander got me real close to a perfect burn last year. We played with the settings and changed to a 3 inch OAK. This stove is close but I think more tuning is needed. I get a filled up burn pot after 6 hours. I'm wondering if I should adjust the plate inside the hopper. Could there be too much feed coming down the auger? The stove burns better when the Wyoming wind blows direct into the vent from the outside...we have adjusted all the settings last year and it seems like it's still not burning to the fullest capacity. It's that time of year boyz fire up them stoves. Thanks for all the advanced help as my wife has once again started to call me a "pellet head" again.

Eric

2. rap69ri

rap69ri
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 23, 2008
    Loc:
    Middle of RI
    Have you tried closing the plate in the hopper all the way? This will decrease the amount of pellets dropped into the auger(s).

3. Panhandler

Panhandler
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 24, 2008
    Loc:
    WV Northern Panhandle
    As rap69ri said, try closing the restrictor plate and make sure the stove is clean. Correct fuel feed plus proper air flow means good combustion. Don't forget to check the small grate on the outside of your OAK. I use a small wire brush and a toothbrush to clean mine.

4. EWILT

EWILT
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2007
    Loc:
    Wyoming
    Sounds good...thanks for the help. I'll let you all know how the progress is going. Thanks

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.