Hey Smokin' Jay!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
Hearth Supporter
The Silver Maple out front looks like it's buds are popping. They suddenly got furry.

That is all. Carry on. :lol:

Matt

I had Jay ID the trees on my property. It went like this from left to right:
Jay said, "Silver Maple, Silver Maple, Silver Maple, Silver Maple, Silver Maple, Silver Maple, Silver Maple, Silver Maple, and Oak, no, wait I take it back I think it's a Silver Maple."

honorabLEE said:
Sure it's not cottonwood???????????

Your call :) Here is a pic from last year.

IMG_1022.jpg

Matt

:lol: Maybe that dry Walnut & old dead Red Oak I milled today was Silver after all....Never seen the shavings chocolate brown & pinkish-red ;-P

Thistle said:
:lol: Maybe that dry Walnut & old dead Red Oak I milled today was Silver after all....Never seen the shavings chocolate brown & pinkish-red ;-P

Milling easy enough to Id some of the pic on here is another story...Most dont like to think they have silver either.

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Milling easy enough to Id some of the pic on here is another story...Most dont like to think they have silver either.

I hear ya. Never turn it down when I get the chance for some.Easy to work,sometimes easy to split,dries very fast & is perfect for spring/fall.Its like Pine sometimes,people turn their nose up at it,I'll take pretty much whatever I can get - only thing not is Cottonwood & that blasted Ailanthus/Tree Of Heaven.Havent seen any Ailanthus around here thankfully since I got rid of those 3 ugly ones in 2000,that cut down on future populations on this part of town,which was my intention haha

There's nothing wrong with burning Silver. I'll burn it all. I've scrounged willow too.

Matt

EatenByLimestone said:
There's nothing wrong with burning Silver. I'll burn it all. I've scrounged willow too.

Matt

I have drop and processes over 50 cords and could be well over 100. I do see it in my sleep! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.