Hi everyone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick1965

Sep 21, 2012
I stumbled on to this site just a short time ago, and wow what a lot of great info! ( and alot of really funny stories). We are getting a Regency I2400 put in next month, can't wait! I have 2 cords of hardwood split and stacked (seems to be well seasoned,but I haven't got a moisiture meter yet).

Happened here because I was looking for information about extending the hearth, read about a member who was putting in the same insert and having the same questions.Ended up doing pretty much the same thing they did,(thank you Breathebeast). I will put up some pictures when the job is done.

So just thought I'd say hey from up here in Nova Scotia!

Reactions: ScotO
Welcome.

Welcome to the forum. Stick around a bit as the learning curve can be greatly decreased by the collective knowledge of this place.

Welcome!!!!

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Welcome to the crew, matey! You'll learn a lot here, and before you know it you'll be helping others learn! Great site, great people, and you can finally break down and admit your addiction to firewood (at lease some of us are addicted, anyway!)

Welcome.

Welcome, I had a realization last night as I was lighting and messing around with my first fire of the season that we're probably not as into collecting firewood as much as we're all a bunch of closet pyros!

Burn baby burn!

Welcome to the forum Rick. So how long has your wood been cut and stacked? What kind of wood are you going to burn? This site loves pics so please show pics of the woodpile the stove while in operation and what ever else you may want to display or have questions about. Good luck.

I stumbled on to this site just a short time ago, and wow what a lot of great info! ( and alot of really funny stories). We are getting a Regency I2400 put in next month, can't wait! I have 2 cords of hardwood split and stacked (seems to be well seasoned,but I haven't got a moisiture meter yet).

Happened here because I was looking for information about extending the hearth, read about a member who was putting in the same insert and having the same questions.Ended up doing pretty much the same thing they did,(thank you Breathebeast). I will put up some pictures when the job is done.

Welcome to the forum Rick.

I think we may have a few other members from your area on this forum too.

As long as you are here, please be welcome to look around at the other forums on hearth.com. The Wood Shed is an excellent place to start and is full of excellent information. Then there is the Gear forum, the forum for Pictures, etc. Look around and make yourself at home.

welcome to the form post some pix of your firewood

Good luck on hearth work. 2 cord should get ya thru Nov, don't ya think? LOL

Thanks for the warm welcome(no pun intended)lol, I'll get some pics up this weekend of the progress. By the way my boys Cutter and Tug say woof!(named after boats long story for another time....)

Welcome. We like puns almost as much as we like pics. Personally, I like boats. A lot. Rick (also)

ETA: I also really like dogs.

Sent from my Dell Studio desktop using a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse.

Reactions: Jags
Welcome!

Welcome aboard....and whatever you do NEVER, EVER mention horizontal splitting to Dennis!

Well, welcome to the forums.... we're a sarcastic bunch, in case you didn't notice ;)

Sent from my Dell Inspiron lap top with a logitech wired mouse ( I hate the touch pad on a lap top !!)

Welcome - glad to see more new folks showing up. A clear sign that winter is approaching and I'll soon get to be burning again :)

Sent from my Royal Eldorado, transcription required en route may have introduced typographical errors, please forgive them.

Welcome I recently joined this forum as well. I couldn't believe how fast I got addicted to wood. I went out and purchased chain saw / mauls / wedges / every time I see wood on the side of the road I pull over my next purchase will be a pickup next year

Hey Rick

Welcome to the forums! There are a few folks on the forums from NS, NB, 1 from PEI, myself and others from various areas in Eastern Canada. I am originally from NB, have lots of friends in NS. Where do you live in NS?

Cheers

Andrew

Welcome.
Lots of good shared knowledge here.
Most of it is about burning wood :)

Welcome Rick . . . what part of Nova Scotia do you hail from -- north, south or in between? My wife and I have gone up your way a few times . . . I guess it goes without saying how beautiful Cape Breton is.

And also, almost escaped my notice . . . welcome Jeanfirebug.

Welcome. We like puns almost as much as we like pics. Personally, I like boats. A lot. Rick (also)

ETA: I also really like dogs.

Sent from my Dell Studio desktop using a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse.

BAAHahaha - you're killing me....;lol;lol;lol

"No trees were killed in the sending of this message, however, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced" <---- My actual sig line for email.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.