Hi, I have older Ecotech frencheska

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Boomerllc

Dec 15, 2018
G
Hi, I have an older ecoteck Francesca model, it recently has been running for only 3 hours before the fire pot clogged and it needs to be clean. Is there some way to factory reset my stove?

Your stove needs a proper cleaning, not factory reset is going to fix that. To clean it completely (not just the firebox and flue pipe), the side panels of the cabinet need to come off, so you can remove the 2 clean-out hatches (rectangular flat metal plates, about 2 inches by 5 inches) to vacuum out the exhaust passages behind the firebox. Also remove the combustion fan and clean the inside of its housing.

See page 8 of the attached Francesca Maintenance manual. Even if your stove is the older version of the Francesca model, you will find the "Inspection Hatches" on the inside.

Attachments

• Francesca Maintenence_usa_990177.pdf
    818.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Your stove needs a proper cleaning, not factory reset is going to fix that. To clean it completely (not just the firebox and flue pipe), the side panels of the cabinet need to come off, so you can remove the 2 clean-out hatches (rectangular flat metal plates, about 2 inches by 5 inches) to vacuum out the exhaust passages behind the firebox. Also remove the combustion fan and clean the inside of its housing.

See page 8 of the attached Francesca Maintenance manual. Even if your stove is the older version of the Francesca model, you will find the "Inspection Hatches" on the inside.
Thanks for replying I own the stove for 10 years it’s been clean every year but it’s feeding too many pallets run time for 4 ,5 hours piling up pallets It worked good in the beginning couple of years and then I start to have this problem

But, have you ever taken the side panels off, and cleaned through the 2 "Inspection Hatches" on the back ?
Have you taken off the exhaust blower and cleaned in there?

The pellets pile up in the burn pot because they are not burning fast enough because there is too little airflow. This is a classic problem when there is some kind of combustion airflow restriction.

I agree with Pelleting : this is a classic case of airflow restriction.
Clean everything including the chimney.
When this happens to me , I take the stove outside , clean it , and then blow compressed air though it.
and with the stove outside you can clean the chimney better.

I clean the stove the only place I didn’t clean is behind the fired 600 it’s still piled up pellets in the fire box does anybody know how to get into the manual to set up and how to get the password for the Factory Setting menu protected by passwords my my stove set -3pellets 2 draft any suggestions?

But, have you ever taken the side panels off, and cleaned through the 2 "Inspection Hatches" on the back ?
Have you taken off the exhaust blower and cleaned in there?