Mt. Vernon Vacuum Switch issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rkgriff

Feb 6, 2024
Oberlin, Ohio
Hi everyone I need some help.
i have a Quadra fire Mt. Vernon pellet stove . I beleive it's a 2006. I have used it for over 10 years without much issues. I have replaced the combustion motor and thermocouple recently. the issue iI have is when I replaced vacuum swith it only works and drops pellets when switch is not mounted to the back of stove . It only works and drops pellets when hooked up but laying on the bottom of the stove and the hose has a straigher path and not bent as much. The hose is new and has been blown out by air. The stove has been running for an hour that way but when I mount the switch properly it dosen't work. I have tried several different switches with the same results. My door gasket seems to be OK. My flame size seems to be large and lazy , I have deep cleaned as well as possible. Not sure what my problem is . Any ideas would be appreciated .

flame size seems to be large and lazy
Dirty stove. Clean from air intake to exhaust termination
Not enough combustion air which will also affect the vac switch
Possible vac leak do dollar bill test on all rope gaskets
Welcome to the forum

Thanks for your imput. i have another burnpot gasket ordered. I put one on about 5 years ago but it's in bad shape. I'm looking at door gasket it seems to pass dollar bill test, i changed it a few years back. I have't changed ash pan door gasket it is original, Is there any danger running stove without vaccum switch mounted on back of stove, it works fine when laying on bottom and not mounted.
Thanks

I think you're OK as long as it is there and working.