High Valley????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creekheat

Feeling the Heat
Feb 2, 2014
Ny
Anyone ever use one? Good stove? My local dealer seems to like them. Looked ok but again I am new...lol

My Dad has had a High Valley cat stove for about 13 years and he really likes it. He has it setup as a stand alone stove. The heat output is impressive.

The only issue he had with it was a little paint flaked off the blower grill. A can of stove paint solved that problem.

Reactions: Creekheat
Thanks for the info. I had never heard of them and see little if them on here but it looked like a pretty good stove.

I think they are a smaller company, so they there're not in as many markets as a lot of other stove makers. In fact, if you call high valley there is probably a good chance you'll end up talking to the owner.

Doesn't mean they make bad products though. My only concern with the smaller guys right now is if they will be able to meet the newly proposed EPA requirements in 2019 to stay in business.

If a company closes shop, you'll still be able to buy after market replacements cats, blowers, and glass, but other parts may not be easy to find.

Not familiar with the stove.
So I did a search and ended up listening to several songs by a Canadian country band named "High Valley". ;lol

The stoves seem OK from their site. The High Valley main web page even has a link that takes you right here to Hearth.com. :)

However it seems dealers are very sparse. around my area.

I've seen their products at the Trade show. They seem to be a high quality product. From what I hear, they sell very few stoves on a national level. High Valley is owned by a company named Stoll. They make super high quality fireplace doors. They have a lot of custom stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.