High wind and tarps......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
High winds ripped through Tenn. and surrounding areas last night and earlier today. My stove pipe vibrated so hard I thought it was going to blow apart for sure.

We were very lucky, a few limbs down but no major damage. This makes the second major winds we have had in a month.

I have several hundred feet of wood piles stacked 6 ft. tall, they stood well but my tarps were all blown off. :long:

How did everyone else make out ?

Robbie

Do you use weights or blocks to hold them down?

I found the best thing so far to cover the stuff is that 1/4" thick roofing roll material, which has all the little stone bits covering it. That stuff is heavy and sunlight resistant. When combined with a few cinder blocks for additional sturdiness, that's not going anywhere fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.