1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Highway robbery on I-190/I-290 in Worcester Mass this afternoon

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Bushfire, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushfire

Bushfire Member

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    Right where I-190 becomes I-290 in Worcester, MA I saw an industrious fellow bucking up the wood the highway dept. had recently dropped on the "on-ramp/off-ramp". Anybody out there guilty? :zip:

Blue overalls and a pick-up truck.

Would have done the same myself, but I get pretty much all the free wood I want from another source, which I can not divulge.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. KarlP

KarlP Feeling the Heat

Its one of those "you had to be there" posts. If you haven't driven I-290 in the last month, it doesn't make sense.

The highway department has been felling trees along the shoulder of the road between Worcester and the northern end of 290. Its mostly brush and pine, but there are some decent size oak and maple trees every few hundred yards along the side of the road. They are all destined for a giant grinder. I myself was eyeing them for firewood a few weeks ago, but I wasn't crazy enough to stop along the side of the interstate.
  3. Bushfire

Bushfire Member

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    My bad - sorry if it was confusing. With all the discussions of scrounging for wood on this forum, I was just wondering if the person doing the bucking was one of us. The guilty comment was tonuge in cheek. Yes, the written word can sometimes be confusing.
  4. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    I know who is doing that job on 290 and 190. I wouldn't make a mess out of his piles of brush and wood. He will not be happy. He can be a grumpy old man.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.