Hinckley Shaker Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klieglight2

Hearth Supporter
Oct 8, 2007
www.klieglbros.com
This is my first post, as I am not a wood burner currently unless you count 7 working fireplaces in my 1740's house. I do have a quite obscure question and I was hoping someone might be able to help me out.
I am particularly interested in antique stoves, as well as those made during the woodburning revitalization in the US starting in the 1970's One stove I have seen pictured and described in a few late 1970's publications was a beautiful interpretation of the classic Shaker style box stove made by Hinckley Foundry & Marine in New Hampshire.
While a few books have this stove featured, I have never seen an actual example, and have found absolutely nothing about the stove, or the company during numerous searches.
I would love to find this stove, but does anyone know if it actually existed aside from photos?
It looks very much like a typical Shaker box stove with the main body cast in one piece, and a very distinctive large ash lip and 3 wrought-iron legs. According to my sources, a heat-exchanger model was also made.
Again, I apologize for the bizarre question, but I would love to know more about this elusive 1970's stove.

Best Regards and thanks
Doug Eisemann

Status
Not open for further replies.