Hitzer 82 Furnace.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xandrew4507x

Oct 3, 2014
South Central PA
Im looking into getting a hitzer 82 Furnace. Last spring I had a heat pump installed and duct work. The ductwork is made of duct board.

I know code states that for the first, 10' there needs to be a 2" clearance to Combustible for the supply duct, the 1" after.

My hitzer manual says it needs ductwork that is rated for 250 degrees F. Duct board is rated at a max of 250 F. So im not sure if I can legally tie the hitzer into a duct board system.

Has anyone installed a wood furnace or has experience installing a wood furnace into an existing duct board system?

Thanks in advance.

Every wood furnace I have seen says ductwork must be ALL METAL. no ductboard or flex duct. What happens when power goes out during a roaring fire? The ducts get VERY hot.

When I looked into one of the cheap wood furnaces years ago my code enforcement officer said I needed metal ducts for the first so many feet. Unless otherwise specified in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.