Hitzer E-z flow coal burner model 50-93

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Hitzer 30-95 which is a smaller version of the 50-93, and has a removable hopper. I absolutely love it. It is very well engineered and built. The more you leave it alone the better it burns coal. The non-electric thermostat holds amazinglly steady temp on the stove. I got the optional blower which I do use when I want to raise the temp in the house in a hurry, but I like the ability to heat without electricity because we have had some long power outages where I live.

Explore all the options of Coal stoves available and decide what fits your needs best. As far as a good quality, long burning coal stove that doesn't require electricity, you are prety much looking at Alaska Kodiac, Harmon TLC 2000 and The Hitzer you are interested in and mine.

I just noticed that you live in soft coal country. If you want to burn soft coal you can't use a hopper stove. You will need a hand fired stove like the Hitzer 254 or its larger brother. If you can get hard (anthracite) coal where you live do so, even if you have to pay more, and you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.